COVID-19 Social Distancing Protocols
The COVID-19 crisis remains a nationwide health concern, and we all must continue to do our part. Here are our Social Distancing Protocols for all events:
- Our Ticket Office is located under a tent at the main gate. Clerks will be positioned behind protective barriers for your protection and theirs, and will have personal protective equipment (PPE), i.e., face mask or face shield.
- We accept credit card or exact cash payment at the gate. Please come prepared.
- Tickets are for sale and available online. We encourage you purchase your tickets in advance to reduce physical contact with our staff.
- Your ticket will be a wristband. Please secure it to your own wrist and help your kids with theirs.
- Each camping vehicle will be given a liability release/waiver for all occupants to sign and return to gate staff. Only one release sheet will be used per vehicle. We encourage you to bring your own pen for this purpose.
- We have trash bags if you need one. Please dispose of your trash in our dumpster on your way home.
- Our camping spots are 70 x 20 and are marked for your convenience. Please remain within your designated camping area overnight and respect your neighbors.
Pro Paddock Procedures:
- The Pro Paddock will be closed to fans.
- Pro autograph sessions are suspended.
- Podium celebrations are suspended.
- Pro post-race interviews and awards will be conducted in the paddock.
- Social distancing is key. That means standing at least 6 feet apart from one another whenever possible.
- Family members who have sheltered in place together are not expected to social distance from one another.
- We suggest you wear a face cover when you are unable to social distance or stand 6 feet apart. Bring your own mask. Just use common sense. Besides, it’s cool to be covered!
- Wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer. We will have hand washing stations and hand sanitizer available throughout the facility.
- Please do not offer to shake hands with anyone.
- An Isolation Station will be located near the EMS Station for persons feeling ill. If you think you have a fever or start to feel ill, please do not go to the EMS Station. We have a separate Isolation Station for this purpose. Please go there so you do not infect the EMS Station.
- The CDC recommends persons who are sick with fever or cough, the elderly or those at high risk, to stay home. We do too. Please do not attend our event if this is you.
- Please take your own temperature before you leave home. If you have a temperature of at least 100.4, you have a fever and should stay home.
- If you know you have had contact with someone diagnosed with having COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or you yourself have had COVID-19 in the last 30 days, please stay home.
- Respect the local community – wear face masks or shields, gloves and wash your hands when supporting local businesses.
- Our onsite HEIC (Health Executive In-Charge) is Tim Cotter 304.826.0553. Call him if you have any concerns over the weekend.
Just use common sense: 1) wash your hands often; 2) avoid shaking hands or coming into close personal contact with others; 3) cough into your elbow; 4) don’t touch your face; 5) if you are sick, stay home; 6) if you are really sick, go to the hospital; and 7) don’t panic.
Do I have to wear a face mask at the races?
We recommend everyone wear a face covering when they are closer than 6 feet to someone with whom they did not shelter at home together. But no, we will not require it.