Dungey, Langston, Rita Coombs Among AMA Hall of Fame Nominees
Wednesday, May 10, 2023 | 5:00 PM
The AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame is pleased to announce the list of nominees for the Class of 2023, and that voting is now open.
The AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame selection committees have put forward 16 nominees from eight areas of influence: Ambassadors & Industry, Design & Engineering, Dirt Track, Leadership & Rights, Motocross & Supercross, Off-Road, Road Racing and Specialty Competition.
- Jim Belland (Dirt Track)
- Ryan Dungey (Motocross & Supercross)
- Eraldo Ferracci (Road Racing)
- Barry Hawk (Off Road)
- Grant Langston (Motocross & Supercross)
- Brent Thompson (Dirt Track)
- Ryan Young (Specialty Competition)
- Rita Coombs (Ambassadors & Industry)
- Robert Coy (Ambassadors & Industry)
- Michael Czysz (Design & Engineering)
- Travis Pastrana (Ambassadors & Industry)
- Rodney Roberts (Leadership & Rights)
- Paul Schlegel (Ambassadors & Industry)
- Rick Sieman (Leadership & Rights)
- Buddy Stubbs (Ambassadors & Industry)
- Barry Willey (Design & Engineering)
“The AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame nominees for 2023 include a diverse and accomplished group of men and women who’ve demonstrated exceptional achievements in competition, advocacy and promotion of the sport of motorcycling,” said AMA President and CEO Rob Dingman. “They have contributed significantly to the advancement of motorcycling in various areas, from excelling in dirt track, motocross and road racing competition, to advocating for motorcyclists’ rights, to creating enduring events that have helped grow motorcycling, to creating innovative motorcycle designs. We’re honored to recognize this year’s nominees and eagerly anticipate announcing the Class of 2023 soon.”
Voting for the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Class of 2023 is now open. Eligible voters include previous Hall of Fame inductees, members of the AMA and AMHF Boards of Directors, and members of the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Category Selection Committees. AMA Life Members with at least 25 years of consecutive membership are also eligible to vote but should update their contact information to receive the latest updates and announcements pertaining to the voting process.
Voting ends Sunday, June 18 at 11:59 p.m.
Voting results will be announced soon after voting closes, and the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held on Sept. 15, in Pickerington, Ohio.
To vote on this year’s nominees, visit https://americanmotorcyclist.com/hall-of-fame-class-of-2023.